It was pretty disheartening to see the reactions of Torontonians to my article on why New Yorkers should consider Toronto as a serious alternative.
Here’s what I’m hearing from Torontonians:
- Not all Canadians are nice
- Toronto is boring
- Vancouver has a better, cheaper train to the airport
- The subway is only useful if you live downtown
- Public transit is crowded and unpleasant at rush hour
- Detached single-family homes downtown are too expensive
- OHIP sucks
- Toronto is not a world class city, so it can’t be compared to New York
I hear you, Toronto. Let’s talk about it.